Doing Business in Leesville
The City of Leesville is a family-friendly community located in West Central Louisiana. Both Leesville and the surrounding parish are fortunate to enjoy a superior "quality of life," with low crime rates, excellent educational and medical facilities, low cost of living, and plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation.
Advantages for Business:
Located in an otherwise rural area, Leesville sees a high volume of traffic as parish residents travel here on a daily or weekly basis to take advantage of medical, shopping, dining, and employment opportunities. Almost 40 percent of the population earns more than the national average each year.
There is an existing workforce of both skilled and unskilled workers available. The reasonable wage scale demanded by workers in the area could give your company a competitive edge. In addition, locally available training resources can custom-fit training programs to meet your requirements.
Proximity to Fort Polk:
Vernon Parish is home to Fort Polk and the Joint Readiness Training Center, which boasts a major economic impact on the region and, at any given time, has its own significant population of active-duty soldiers, their dependents, civilian employees, and military retirees and their families.
Recent land acquisitions by Fort Polk raise expectations of imminent post expansion, with the accompanying increase in additional government personnel and contract workers.
- US Highway 171 offers direct connections south to Lake Charles and north to Shreveport, LA
- Louisiana Highway 28 connects Leesville with Alexandria to the east
- Louisiana Highway 8 travels west to the Burr's Ferry Bridge at the Sabine River. It is well maintained and connects to SH63 on the Texas side.
Interstate 14 (Still in planning stages):
Soon Interstate 14 will replace LA8 as it passes through Leesville on its path from Midland/Odessa, Texas to Augusta, Georgia.
Congressional designation of the Interstate 14 Corridor across Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia became a reality on November 15, 2021, with the presidential signing of the $1.2 trillion Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA), also known as the 2021 bipartisan infrastructure bill.
- The Kansas City Southern Railroad has a depot within the city which provides easy access to every major market in North America.
Leesville Municipal Airport:
- The Leesville Municipal Airport is open to small aircraft 24 hours per day.