Update:For your convenience and for a minimal fee, use our Gov.Hub to make online payments. Please contact the water department to obtain the correct amount. For more information, please call the water department at 337-238-2257 or 238-2258. Online Bill Pay service is working.
Customers wishing to pay their utility bill, transfer an account, or establish a new account can do so at the Utility Department. A normal utility bill will include water and sewer charges. Other services provided at this department are the payment of property taxes, permits, and occupational licenses.
Customers can pay using cash, check, money order, or a debit/credit card (American Express not accepted). A drop box is available after hours in front of the municipal complex. Please note that only checks or money orders are allowed to be placed in the drop box.
Customers can also pay utility bills online if they know their account and pin number. These items are printed on every monthly bill. Please note that the City does not accept E-Checks. If services have been disconnected, please call into office and speak to a cashier after payment is made to have services reestablished.
Please view our notice regarding the most updated water and sewer rates (PDF). Also there will be a $12.00 per year charge added to every water bill, $1.00 per month for safe drinking water.
Utility bills are due on the 15th of every month. A 10% penalty is added on the 16th of every month if the bill has not been paid. The City of Leesville no longer tags doors to alert customers who are in danger of services being cut off. Cutoffs are usually performed on the 20th of every month.
Getting New Utility Services
In order to obtain new utility services with the City of Leesville, an individual must bring the following materials to the City Municipal building:
- Completed New Customer Application (PDF)
- Deposit of $85 for residential customers inside the city limits, and $110 for residential customers outside the city limits
- Form of identification (i.e. driver's license, military ID)
- Signed lease agreement with dates of residency (if renting only)
- If owning, proof of purchase i.e. bill of sale, cash deed warranty, or property tax notice, etc.
- Must have 911 Permit Number - Contact the 911 Office at 337-238-9911